Server Update & Development Diary
Over the last two weeks we've been remaking the Instance System on the new client/server. We want to be clear; we aren't just re-implementing the instance system on the new client... We are remaking the entire instance system (on the server's end) so it's more modular and easier to work with (for both updates and for players). In addition, we are taking past user suggestions into account for the new instance system (such as different instance stores depending on the instance level bracket).
Unfortunately, this has turned out to be a larger than expected task. For this reason, we will be skipping this week's development diary and continuing work on the new instance system until the next development diary (September 21). In the meantime, users are free to discuss and make suggestions regarding the instance system and what changes you would like to see. Depending on time and complexity, these suggestions might be able to be implemented/demonstrated in the next diary.
There is simply not enough "completed" functionality on the instance system to demo it properly for everyone. We apologize for this delay, and hope everyone understands.
Live Server Update
Please note these changes have not gone live yet (this topic will be updated when they do). We will be updating the server tomorrow (September 8) with these changes. Players are free to provide feedback on these changes and/or other (small) changes you would like to see. Providing the changes/feedback are relatively easy to implement, they may be added before tomorrows update.
- Alliance System
- We've been receiving many reports that some users have been cancelling and renewing alliances in order to maintain ownership of islands for longer periods of time. For this reason, we have added a 24-hour cooldown between being able to cancel/create exiting/new alliances (not just when an alliance is cancelled).
- Pet Island
- Due to the addition of the Red Sword icon for PvP, the Ghostly Hellhound is no longer solid. However, it still cannot attack players (like the other Islands).
- The Ghostly Hellhound is now called "Ghostly Hellhound Island Guardian".
- Catastropha Island
- Due to the addition of the Red Sword icon for PvP, the Catastrophic Queen is no longer solid. However, it still cannot attack players (like the other Islands).
- Due to the addition of the Red Sword icon for PvP, the Evangelin is no longer solid.
- The Catastropha Boss Spawn event now requires 5,000 Catasrophic monster kills instead of 10,000.
- Ladianes Castle
- The Ladianes Castle Owner buffs no longer are removed when a players log out (only if they die).
- Due to the above change:
- The EXP & Drop Rate buffs that the Ladianes Castle Owners can receive has been reduced to 1 hour (instead of 2).
- The above chanThe Pet EXP buff that the Ladianes Castle Owners can receive has been reduced to 2 hours (instead of 5).
- Duct Islands
- The total required monsters to spawn the Orc General Boss of each island has been reduced to 500 (instead of 1000).
- The total health of the Orc General Boss has been reduced by 35% on each island.
- The total EXP gained from the Orc General Boss has been increased by 15% on each island.
- Fist Warriors
- The Hyperion 4-piece effect now has a 45% chance to activate "Hyperion's Blessing".
- Hyperion's Blessing continues to grant version of level 10 Aura of Fury (28% Critical Rate + 10% Dodge Rate), but now also grants a 15% movement speed increase (stacks with Warp Speed).
- Blue Mage
- The damage multiplier effect on the Boreas set now displays as a critical, this is a purely visual change and it still only does 60% more damage (NOT x2). This was done to make comboing easier.